Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday Trifecta

Hi Friends!

A couple things from my Tuesday Morning:

1. I got 5 hours of sleep last night. Yes five. I know you Mamas with newborns are laughing--preach it to the choir sister---but seriously guys, I COMPLETELY FORGOT what it was like to go all day with a crazy baby/toddler on what feels like NO sleep. ug.

Needless to say, this girl :


.......................................felt like a MILLION BUCKS.

When I tried to rock her back to sleep at 5:40 she humored me by laying on my shoulder for 3 minutes and then leaned back and started chatting about "busss-thhhh" (i.e.: bus) and "Da-da" (yah Isla, go wake that guy up!) We've been in this place before and it definitely confirms the teething/growth spurt combo I was suspect of. Hoping these next few days are restful .... and I stay sane. Please god.


2. In an effort to get Isla out of the house so I didn't lose my damn mind by 9am. We went on an early morning Target run--who knew they opened at 8am? Aggressive Target- I like it! I stocked up on all kinds of necessary items ... all the while bribing Isla with toys, books, snacks and even allowing her to chew on the top of my full packaged deodorant (don't worry it was sealed tight!)--you gotta do what you gotta do! On a side note- if you're looking for gardening/lawn furniture there are serious bargains at Targs right now--wish I had a yard to put it in!

3. I made a run over to Kohls to try and use a gift card that has been burning a hole in my wallet and even though I didn't find anything I had to have I couldn't resist picking up these two stuffies as future gifts for Miss Isla--my little reader! Do you recognize them?


Yep---Little Critter characters from Mercer Mayer's Childrens books. Isla's in love with these paperbacks right now. She loves them so much that I pick them up for $1 at Half Price Books just in case she destroys one--it doesn't hurt as much, believe me!

Anywho---they were $5 a piece at Kohl's as part of their Kohl's Cares line. You know that shelf in the front with stuffies and matching books? That's where they are. They'd make a great gift with a paperback MM book and the money goes to charity. #WINNING!


Also- if you're a Husky Alum they have mid-size Husky dog stuffies also -- I just got Isla one at the UW store for $10 to avoid a tantrum and I should have held out for the $5 bargain dog--next time!

Hope everyone's having a great Tuesday--time to power nap before the terrorist awakes :)

xoxo.
S

PS- Excited to share my salad for tonight's dinner- it's gonna be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment