Thursday, July 31, 2014

Naptime Cuddles

Hi Friends,

Today was one of those days that refill your 'Mom bank.'

Isla was so fun! Happy! Giggly! and wonderfully talkative. She is just so thrilled with herself that can say words we recognize and congratulate her on. She claps for herself and does a little, "Isla, Isla, Isla" cheer (that's real--she really does chant her very own mantra to herself). It's the cutest.




After not napping for the third day we kept her busy for the afternoon but she ended up passing out on me at 4pm. Even though I knew it would mean a possibly terrible bedtime (which it did-sad!) it was worth it for both us. She got a little shut-eye and I cuddled my girl for a full 15 minutes of bliss. We don't have many of those moments when she just wants to cuddle me non-stop or sleep on me anymore. She's very busy exploring and she barely wants to sleep in her crib so why would she want to sleep on me? ...which is why I didn't waste the moment or take it for granted. It was very sweet and I soaked every second up.


When she woke up she hugged me and gave me a kiss square on the lips. I guess she appreciated the cuddle too :)


I adore you Isla James. Life couldn't be happier :) xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment