Monday, July 28, 2014

My L.

Hi Friends!

I couldn't let the opportunity to blog about my dearest Mama-Friend, L on her Birthday pass me by! And of course, I just had to post this the night before because I know that girl pulls her little Gemmie-Pie into bed in the morning, bribes her with her one TV show of the day and sips her yummy mocha while catching up on blogs--- so L, this one is for you.

I shouldn't start this blog like you start a wedding speech but I'm fully going to--- I met L through my Cousin, Sarah. They were college roommates and the stories these two have from their college days are pretty awesome. When L joined our annual girls weekend our fun went from an awesome 10 to an epic 11. I have never laughed harder than I have with those girls. They are a riot.


L&I were most definitely quick friends but it wasn't until she welcomed Gemma and I soon followed with Isla that our friendship became the amazing thing it is today. On so many occasions I have called her for advice, comic relief, a sanity-saving-venting-session or just to chat-- all in the effort to save myself from the mundane (or insane!) moments of day-to-day motherhood.

She is ALWAYS there for me--always.

....and I have never taken that kind of friendship and loyalty for granted. I thank my lucky stars everyday for her and her sweet little Gemma ;)

I have so much gratitude and love for her and the kind of friend she is to me. Every time she showers love on Isla our friendship grows ten-fold. She has shown up to babysit so I could get time away to myself (and taking on both girls is a SERIOUS handful!). She came over soon after Isla was born and brought us dinner, candy (which she arranged perfectly in a glass dish on our dining room table--Hello Martha Stewart!) and even folded my laundry. Our Wednesday playdates have saved me this first year and a half as I have navigated through motherhood. There is nothing like walking into a friend's house unshowered, in ugly clothes and being handed the most-amazing-mocha and given a hug (even when you smell like baby barf). That is the friend she is. She just gets it.


I absolutely adore our memories....our crazy insane fun with our girls....



and.....our road to motherhood. Celebrating Gemma (then Jimmy Frank) and now this baby has been the sweetest time.


I'm so blessed to get to share it with these ladies and my L. There is nothing like having girlfriends who love each others kids and watching them grow-up together. I still envision our kids getting into trouble together as teenagers. Times when we'll have to rant and discipline all while chuckling to ourselves that we would have done exactly the same. I secretly can't wait for the first time I catch Isla and Gemma in some sort of teenage mischief together (god please let it be the easy kind!) It will make my heart happy knowing they are going through those crazy, tumultuous years together--just as L and I are navigating this crazy 'Mom' thing together. Celebrating our little families growing and changing has been a wonderfully, fun adventure. I can't wait to see where this road takes us.



Happy-Happy Birthday my dear, friend. I absolutely adore you and your fabulousness!

As you said to me several months ago on my day, "You're so much more than a friend- you're my 'Mom lifeline! So, so glad you were born!" -- It couldn't be more true.

With so much love and sweet birthday wishes :) Hope Jer&Gem have something wonderful planned! You deserve it :)


xoxo. 
S


ps- Did I mention she makes the BEST cookies on the planet? #friendforlife (I promise I'm not using you just for your baking skills :)








1 comment:

  1. I CRIED! SANDI I CRIED! thank you for this sweet, sweet ode to L. you're the tits. loveya forevs.

    ReplyDelete