Thursday, July 17, 2014

Steel Trap

Hi Friends!

I used to have a friend say that anything I told him was 'locked in his steel trap' (i.e.: his head) which explains the title to this post. These are the randoms that are floating around in my 'steel trap' today.

1. If I have to say, "Isla you only have 2 feet, you can't wear 3 shoes" one more time I'm going to scream. My kid is a shoe fanatic and just doesn't think it's fair that she can only physically wear 2 shoes at a time. Learning life is tough is rough on a Toddler.

2. I am constantly amazed and amused by the many babysitters (i.e.: all family members) who put Isla's diaper on backwards. That's hard to do. I'm actually impressed. (Today while I was telling my Brother-in-law which direction it goes he said, 'well, I definitely put it on backwards'- ahahah!)

3. I had the most vivid dreams that my longtime friend who's prego had this beautiful, petite little baby GIRL. It has stuck with me all morning. I can't get her little face and head of dark hair out of my mind. They find out what they're having on 8-4. I can't wait to hear if I'm right.

4. Yesterday, when I was unloading Isla at the park a woman pulled up right next to me with her window down and her cigarette billowing smoke at Isla's stroller. WHO DOES THAT?! I was SO $*&#$#@JIG!!!! If I was packing up and leaving I would have said something but I didn't want her to key my car (she looked like she was capable of it!) 'Smoking out' a BABY- really?!!

5. I FINALLY decided on a diaper bag and I'm SO EXCITED! Can't wait to reveal it :)

6. My fab SIL, Erin and I planned a birthday party for our hubby's since their birthdays are 5 days apart (yes, their parents were creatures of habit! 5 days is pretty impressive timing) and the weather has been so fabulous we were thinking it would be perfect for an electric boat cruise with friends. Turns out it's now going to rain all weekend--WTH Seattle?!

7. Isla has lots of new words she's saying! My favorite new animal word she says is "Croc-Croc" for crocodile and she calls water - "agua"-- I have NO idea where she got this. She's apparently part Hispanic.

8. I ran into Nordy's Anniversary sale today to check out the 2 diaper bags I've been eyeing. Turns out they had the $20 babiators I just bought for $12 on sale---just please! AND the Nuna P&P I bought a year ago was $90 cheaper than what I paid. $&#*(@&$#!!!

9. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this sunny weather. I love spending all these sunny days outside with Isla. She loves nothing more than sun and barefeet. That said, I can't wait for Fall. I just bought Isla a little Fall sweater and I can't wait to do my Fall mini-sessions in October. Oh and Fall boots at Nordy's---c'mon! I need a pair of Frye's in my life! (too bad my budget says otherwise! :( boo!)

10. Isla is now a master at stalling bedtime. She sits back in my lap, smiles at me with all her teeth, chatters a bit, then points to her diaper to insinuate that it's 'dirty.' It never is and every time she looks at me and gives a coy little 'gotcha Mom' grin. That girl is trouble---she totally melts me and she knows it!

Happy Friday Eve Everyone!

xo.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment