Monday, June 30, 2014

Getting our Greens!

Hi Friends!

I have realized over the last week how bad I've been about getting "greens" into our diet. I'm usually really good about Isla's meals and diversifying veggies but we've all definitely been in a rut the last week or two. I wanted to get motivated again so I decided this is the week of SALADS! I am not a huge salad fan --- I know, odd for a Vegetarian. I don't mind them but I usually don't crave them either. A big key to keeping salads/green in my diet is diversifying them -- which can be as small as a change in dressing! -- When something's boring I definitely don't eat it just to eat it. I should also mention.... the reason I'm blogging about this somewhat mundane goal is so I'll actually do it. A little peer pressure eh?! :)

Tonight I made a super yummy arugula salad to accompany our dinner. I love arugula because right when you get tired of romaine or spring mix you can go with arugula and shake it up. I also like that it's kind of peppery and I love me some pepper! YUM! (I actually S&P'd this like the recipe says also!)

This recipe has a super light dressing which is perfect for Summer. USE REAL LEMONS. Seriously- the dressing won't be the same without it. I added some of those crispy onion pieces from Trader Joe's and this was super delish! Check it out!

_______________________________________________________________________

Arugula Salad with Olive Oil, Lemon, and Parmesan Cheese

Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence





Total Time:

10 min

Prep:

10 min

Yield:4 servings



Ingredients

2 bunches arugula, washed, dried, and torn

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/2 lemon, juiced

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

A chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano





Directions

In a serving bowl, drizzle the arugula with the oil, squeeze in the lemon juice, and

 sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss until well mixed and taste for seasoning. Use a

 vegetable peeler to shave thin pieces of Parmigiano over the top.


You can also find the recipe: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment