Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Phase?

Hi Friends!

I'm in that weird vortex where I'm really loving these sunny Summer days with Isla even though she's been going through a tough 'phase' (if you can call it that). I know she is teething like crazy which alone can cause a number of issues but I think she also is really frustrated in not being able to communicate everything she wants. She uses her sign language and says a few words but she also grunts and whines and screams when I'm not understanding/she's frustrated/tired,etc. How do I help her understand how to get my attention without screaming at me? Does anyone know the answer to this? :)

 From about 4pm on she just screamed intermittently. I didn't know if it was the teething issues (she has 4 teeth coming at once that I'm aware of--checking her teeth is like prying open a treasure chest....not gonna happen people!) or just that she was tired (Naps are nonexistent so far this week with the teething issues). I have been through this teething stuff before and can work through it but if any of you experienced similar issues with your little one between 16-18 months will you message me or comment ideas to help her out? I ordered a couple books to deal with my 'spirited child' (that's a sly way of saying she's being a complete menace) but other parents advice is always the best!

A little evidence of her current tantrum. That little scream between whining is pretty common these days. Aiyiyiyi.


Help a Mama out!

xoxo.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment