Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Genius Momvice!

Hi Friends!

A couple quick posts coming your way! I've meant to do these all week but have been bogged down with a very fussy-teething-non-napping Toddler (yikes!) and photography editing (I love my sessions but ready for the season to be over at the end of October- yay me!).

I wanted to share a little tip I just read from my hospital's emails to parents that I thought was great---

I'm pretty patient with Isla when it comes to messes and I try to see the lesson in whatever mess she has made. The only one that really gets me is when she won't eat her food and it ends up all over the floor. I know this is a powerful teaching tool and necessary for development but it has made me INSANE the last couple months especially because my normally 'great-eater' turned into a very particular, bossy eater (pointing out what she would and wouldn't eat-- seriously, what does she think this is? A 4-star restaurant apparently!)

Anywho- evenings would quickly turn into chaos and my patience would drain immediately! When she's not napping (i.e.: we're BOTH exhausted!) and I make her something healthy from scratch and it ends up on the floor--nothing takes my anger from 0-10 faster. I don't love to cook so the effort and frustration hits an all time high. All of this led to me not giving her utensils often enough. #MomFail

I read a really helpful tip that said you don't have to just give them utensils at dinner time- if dinner is chaos (as it is in my house at the moment) give them utensils in the morning or afternoon to experiment with when you have fresh patience and aren't worn down. I loved this tip and it's really helped her improve and grow with using her utensils...and helped me not feeling like a crappy parent who holds her kid back because of messes and a lack of patience. Win! Win!

Now....if anyone knows how to get her to nap we'll be life long friends....I would even consider paying you a large sum of money. Wishful thinking!

xoxo.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment