Monday, September 15, 2014

DIY: Ribbon Bracelets

Hi Friends!

Last week I watched both girls while my very-prego-fabulous-Mama Friend, L had some time to relax alone before baby arrives. I decided I needed activities to keep the little girls busy for a couple hours. Besides glowsticks and masking tape to stick things they found in the yard on (they are little adventurers :) I made these really fun ribbon bracelets for dancing. Both little ladies love music and dancing so I thought this would something easy and fun for them! They were SUPER easy to make and relatively cheap too. There are numerous DIY's on pinterest for them and you can probably figure it out yourself but here are a couple tips!

1. I stocked up on ribbon at Michaels' but anywhere with cheap ribbon works. I put anywhere from 7-9 colors on a bracelet and varied the colors/patterns.


2. I measured them by pulling out what I thought was long enough, folding them in half and seeing how far they hung on the bracelet. The halves were about one-arm's length. I made little piles so I could grab them easily (and to keep Isla out of them)


3. It was easiest for me to stick them on my window pulls and do them standing up since Isla was harassing me (see her feet upside down no the speaker below? my goodness!) but you can also do them kicked back on the couch!


4. All you do is fold the ribbon in half and pull the loose ends through the loop. Make sure it's tight and I did a knot to give it a little "speed bump" to go over if it's trying to unravel (they do come loose but they're easy to reassemble.

You can use wooden circles for the 'bracelet' part - I used the cheap, plastic bracelets from the Dollar Store but I saw several things that would have worked (they even sell oval purse handles at the fabric store that would work!)

5. After it's assembled you can help the edges not unravel by painting the tips with clear nail polish. I cut them at an angle and did a quick polish. Super easy!


6. The girls had a BALL with them dancing to Taylor Swift and Happy! Such fun!


Oh! and if you're a sports fan they make touchdowns extra fun for your little one! I made Gator colored bracelets for my Miami Nieces and they loved them (please notice how Grace won't share with  her little Sis, typical Big Sister- ha! :)


Happy Crafting! 
S


No comments:

Post a Comment