Tuesday, September 9, 2014

catching up

Hi Friends!

Sorry for the long breaks between blogs---Isla's been REALLY challenging lately and I'm still trying to catch up on my Photography editing.

We had a really nice weekend which was made possible by B NOT WORKING AT ALL---amazing. I was like, "oh, this is how the other half lives!" ha! We had our moments with Isla's crazy moods and tantrums but overall it was such a lovely, relaxing, family-filled weekend! I hope yours was great as well.

I have decided to join one of the local (and very popular!) toddler groups because I know I need another Fall activity for Isla and honestly I need to talk to other parents and find out what they're doing that is working with these toddler-manic-moods! I hear everything that Isla's doing is totally normal for her age and that it doesn't get better as she heads into the 'age two and three zone' (insert VERY SCARED emoji Mom here!) As my best friend said last week when I called her after a particularly challenging day-- "it's not like they turn two and turn into little jerks"-- which is so true, apparently that happens around 19 months in my case. I like to think of this phase as Isla dishing up a little preview of what the next couple years may look like...and let me just say, "god help us!"


I think the hardest thing right now is that she goes from being so fun and in a great mood to being super destructive with hyerp-active energy (as my Father-in-law said this weekend, 'she's planning her next move while she's carrying out her current one' which totally fits). As I mentioned before she has also started rolling on the floor and dramatically crawling in public during a fit that's more of a dramatic episode than a true tantrum. She's usually not loud or disruptive but more over-dramatic and most likely ... tired.



I know Isla has a serious sleep issue. She's a great night sleeper but she resists a nap EVERY SINGLE DAY. On average she's been taking a nap about once a week lately. Some days (like yesterday) she's great and when I get her up after doing her nap routine and laying her down for a bit she plays and is really fun but most days she is just a complete and utter terrorist--which is where much of the exhausted energy and destruction comes in. If she allowed herself just one little nap during the day it would change our day for the better in so many ways. I don't know how to help with that---I'm really hoping more Fall activities do the trick for the time being.

On that note---it's time to get her up from her latest 'non-napping' episode and try a stroll, maybe she'll at least relax a little. ug! Time to buy a stress ball and get back into yoga!

xoxo.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment