Sunday, August 18, 2013

Momentous

I had to share that my big 7.month old (TODAY! Happy birthday Isla) girl slept in her crib with one wake up last night. That's real. #Iwin .... ok.....#Islawins

I have been super hesitant about moving her from her co-sleeper on my side of the bed to her crib because I didn't want to make her sleep worse than it is (but really, could it get worse?!!) and I didn't want to start a routine and then travel (we have 3 trips planned this month) and confuse her. Regardless, she's been sleeping twice a day in her crib for naps and has been doing great so last night in a moment of pure bravery I decided we'd give it a shot. She went down at 8pm and got up at 10pm and midnight for her normal feedings and then slept until 4:00 when she needed to be fed again and then was up for her normal wake up at 7:30. It was epic. 

This is also where I should mention that this change was 100% harder on me than anyone else in the house. I knew Isla was ready and I knew I needed more sleep but I knew I'd miss her in our room. I was the one up no less than 4 times last night checking that she didn't pull 5 loose blankets into her bed from 4 feet across the room (totally reasonable right?!!) and smother her face or roll an odd direction ....and of course, I had to do just a little breathing check. Do you do that too? I still put a hand on her to check for that little baby inhale&exhale to calm 1st time Mommy worries :) 

Regardless, it was a relief that my suspicion that she was ready for her own space was right. Hopefully I will calm the nerves (she's only 25 feet away!) so I can catch up on my rest too. As previously noted, I haven't slept through the night since March. That's real. I still remember the night and it was an epic-beautiful-masterpiece.Think.Gatsby.glitter.champagne&all gahhhhh! 

A little shout-out to my 7.month old girl. We love you Isla. You are our most favorite little muffin. To all that month #7 will bring. 


xoxox.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment