Monday, November 4, 2013

Time Change Adjustments

Hi Friends- 

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who completely underestimated how hard that time change would be on myself and Isla-pants. I was just going about my merry way yesterday when I felt like I got sucker punched. That could have had something to do with the fact that Isla missed the "FALLING BACK" memo and sprang forward by an hour--awesome. She was up at 5:50. When I tried to nurse her back to sleep and she patted me on the back and squealed...she might as well have been congratulating me on my valiant effort but laughing in my face..."A for Effort MOM!" After fighting naps all day she was a bit of a mess by 6:00....which I soon realized was actually 5pm since our clocks weren't turned back---DAMMIT! We hit the road at 6:30 for a "mommy-needs-a-drink" beer run. 


and then she gave me this look which only verified that she knew what I was up to. Judgmental much?


Last night was a mess--she was up every 3 hours but thankfully went back to sleep pretty quickly even if I had to rock her a couple times. Today was a little better but she only slept 30 minutes on her 10am nap and then did this......


She's like a cat--she likes to unroll that toilet paper with both paws batting at it furiously.

Needless to say the 2nd nap was guaranteed and I was determined to stick with it and get us back on a schedule. She went down within 10 minutes and then woke up after 20 - her MO. I swear if it was up to her she'd take two 20-30 minute naps a day and terrorize my life from 5-7 until she went to bed. Instead, I comforted her and she went back down for another hour nap.

 This is her sleeping....she jammed all her monkey stuffies up against the bars. She woke up super thrilled- yay for good naps! ... and she went to bed right on time tonight and is sleeping soundly. I'm really hoping this is the start of us getting back on our schedule. #goodnessplease.

and now....I'll go clean up after the feline  baby.


Hope everyone's having a great night.

xoox.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment