Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sleep Update

Hi Friends!

I'm sure many of you are still dealing with the Fall time change as we are. Somedays Isla wants to sleep late and others she refuses to nap. I think the lighting is really messing her up which is completely understandable. It doesn't help that it has been so gloomy here lately with resulting dark days.

I had a final consult with Rachel from ChildWorks yesterday (PS- Isla's now on her website! CUTE!) I was feeling like I may have messed up Isla's progress with weekend trips away and the time change coupled with a 9.month sleep regression that her Doctor warned me about. Thankfully Rachel encouraged me that I was doing the right thing and even when I went off "plan" my instincts were correct. As a Mom that was a great thing to hear since I spend most of the time second guessing myself (I'm really hoping that tendency settles down with Baby #2). Rachel's a Mama of 3 and sleep guru so I figure she has pretty good general advice to go along with her genius sleep plan!

One of the biggest things for me has been dialing in Isla's schedule. She has been doing great with her 7:15 bedtime (I learned 7:30 was too late and 7:00 was too early) and she is up most days between 7:00 and 7:30 but I have still been trying to dial in her naps.

This week she's been going down easily for her first nap and sleeping almost 90 minutes with one little wake up. Let it just be said, NINETY-FREAKIN-MINUTES is a miracle for my little "sleep-fighter." The issue is the 2nd nap--she HATES the second nap.

This afternoon I did her normal schedule and then she did the "running man" in my lap as I tried to rock her and sing her lullabies before laying her down. Once I laid her down she worked up a very load "MA-MA-MA-MA.mamamamamamamamma"

yi-yi-yi.



This was her moments ago as she was manhandling her bla-bla fox and chanting "MAMAMAMMAMA" = totally pissed.

and now....I just looked up and she is a sleeping angel.


I love how that works out! I feel like we're making progress and it's further proof that 'yes, I'm doing the right thing!' She needs sleep to keep those big-brain gears turning! :)

Time for me to edit pics and order a baby feeding guide .....review to come!

xoxo.
S

ps- More snippets on her 9.month sleep regression to come. I definitely want to remember these things for the next one so I'm not blindsided! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment