Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Good 'head-space'

So this was me yesterday. 


Yep. Two words: 

ONLY. CHILD.

My kid is a teething terrorist who won't nap. 

We went to Bothell's Country Village with friends in the morning. I'll have to blog about that place--it was kid paradise with the cutest toy store (I grabbed Isla's stocking stuffers!), tons of ducks, good coffee and a  kiddo play area so moms can sit around and sip mochas while their kids burn off the 'crazies.' That was the highlight of our day. 

The rest was a serious low light. 

After chasing around Isla all day -- she is seriously the energizer bunny, having her refuse BOTH naps and watching my condo become a total and complete disaster (she leaves a path of destruction) when I got B.Daddy's text at 5:00 that he had to make an emergency trip to Longview (2 hours away) to fix an urgent tech issue I was in burnout mode. I literally looked at Isla and said, "We're going to QFC to get Mommy booze" ---OMG, I can't believe I said that! (But don't worry- I didn't have wine until she was tucked into her crib :) When I got to the register and the super-helpful Cashier informed me that if I bought SIX bottles of wine I got 15% off I knew I needed a break.from.the.baby. (In my defense, 2 bottles are for our holiday plans!) 

Thankfully, when I got up today and informed B that I wasn't ready for another 'yesterday' he told me he'd be happy (he said "HAPPY") to take Isla with him to view our rental house that's under construction in Snohomish. It was THE MOST ROMANTIC thing he's done this week. I seriously could have planned another baby in that moment (OMG-what's wrong with me! This is how couples end up with an entire tribe of terrorists. I should mention I felt really bad for myself last night until I watched Sister Wives--those CRAZY women have 19 kids...19 FREAKIN kids- are you joking me?!) After coming back to reality I thanked him profusely and sent Isla out the door with Daddy. 

(I also have to make a side note that Isla LOVES and I mean LOVES that commercial for the Lion King musical with the big Lion King intro song--you know the one? See Here. If you haven't seen the musical you should seriously go--I can't wait to take her when she's older--she's going to love it. Anywho--B thinks it's hilarious that she's so mesmerized by that...he told me when he gets to our rental in Snohomish he's going to hold her up like Simba's Dad does in the movie and tell her "one day, this all will be yours"-BAHAHHAHA I died laughing. Lets just say the rental isn't exactly the African Savannah :)

Anywho.....

I have had the house blissfully silent (besides the white noise of the dryer humming away) for the last hour and let me just tell you it is MUSIC TO MY FREAKIN EARS. I REALLY needed to get my head back into a 'good space' - if you know what I mean. Especially before we embark on our Thanksgiving holiday adventures tomorrow--lots of traveling, family and eating. I'm expecting to be pleasantly "full", tired and thankful :) Now--if I.baby would just nap in the car it would make the whole thing perfect....pray for me. 

Happy Holidays everyone :) 

xoxo. 
S

PS- A VERY special thank-you to my Mom who just so happened to call around dinnertime when I was 'losing.my.sh*t' and offered to jump in the car and come up. It didn't work with Isla's 7pm bedtime but I appreciated the gesture more than you know! Next time- you're on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment