Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Adventure in Eating (continued....)

Hi Friends! 

I've begun the long and gratifying road of outsmarting my baby when it comes to sneaking food she should be eating into her diet (and onto her plate!) 

She used to be a great little eater and would try anything at least once. Then she turned into a consistency snob. Now, if she doesn't like the look, feel, color or taste of something she furiously shakes her head, stares me down and then bangs her tray until it falls on the ground. This proved to be incredibly frustrating since I'm usually doing 10 other things at the same time. Then at the end of last week I started ignoring her and even though she did the same routine she started trying some of the hated morsels. That's progress! 

I also looked up ways to sneak more veggies into her diet. She only wants to feed herself so purees don't work for her. That being said, she also doesn't like to handle smooshy veggies. I made her two types of butternut squash (that I blogged about last week)--both were rejected. I ended up reading a tip to put it in a quesadilla with black beans, cheese and avocado (another food she won't touch). Surprise, surprise--today she ate it! She just lapped it up like a brand new puppy! It was perfection. 


She even smiled. The knowing smile that says, "yes, I know you slipped forbidden veggies in here Mom....hence, I don't care. Just knowing you know is enough for me. That is all"


(and then she combed her messy hands through her hair in retaliation knowing I'd be on bath duty next---she's always one step ahead)


Next up: Omelet. I finally got her to eat a hard boiled egg when I gave her citrus fruit first (her fave!) and slipped in pieces of yolk. Hey, they're all yellow--cool!

If you have more tips send them my way!

xoxo.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment