Saturday, November 30, 2013

sleep woes (what's new? :)

Sorry I've been MIA lately....it's Isla's fault (but what's new?! :)

The little lady is going through a growth spurt and teething on top of it...she has refused to nap since Monday. I'm trying to just give her what she needs (i.e. extra cuddles, milk or time out of the house) to get through it. (ok, that 'time out of the house' is purely for me) At this point sleeping ANYWHERE (i.e.: car, stroller, floor, sidewalk, a stranger's yard...wait?! :) is an improvement.

I will say that she's napping in her crib now and even if she only sleeps 45 minutes that will be an improvement from last week. For a while I swore she was one of those people who could sleep like 4 hours a night and be fully rested. Now I just know that she's busy growth-spurting and needs that precious zzz's to exercise her mental muscles and motoring around during the day. If it was up to her she would sleep 7am-7pm with a wake-up to eat between 2-4am. Then resist her 10am nap and push on until 12:30 when she'd crash land and snore loudly for 20 minutes until she woke up mad (that she fell asleep I presume) and power on until she started to meltdown at 5:00 and continue to torture us with constant whine/crying from 5pm-7pm. ug. This new Isla schedule coupled with the dreary winter weather will also explain B&my newfound wine habit. Winter is here. :)

I did have a Mom victory last night....After a REALLY long day with Isla who only napped for 20 minutes in the car when we were out and about I put her down at 6:30pm. When I came out of her nursery B had fallen asleep on the couch! Like an old man!  I silently fist pumped--BOOM!- He finally gets it. (This will also explain why that Friday Happy Hour "meeting" he announced he "needed" to go to didn't go over well on the home front. I think the "I AM LOSING MY MIND with YOUR Daughter" talk was pretty clear :) Ha! Thankfully, my Sis and I are going to see The Charlie Brown Christmas Show at the Performance Center across the street on monday...coupled with a glass of vino with my Sis it will be a great night! Can't wait!

Well Friends, I hope everyone had a great holiday and your Littles are sleeping soundly and loving all the Christmas decorating going on -- Isla's mesmerized by all of the glitzy holiday flare. I love seeing her eyes light up--pics of that and our upcoming adventure to find snow to come!

Hope everyone's enjoying the long holiday weekend!
xoxo.
S



No comments:

Post a Comment