Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Best Baby Shower Gifts

Whenever I buy a baby shower gift I always consider the registry first because if someone took the time to register they usually took the time to research the products on their list. Lately, I have also started considering all the items I've had to run out and buy in the first few months or research and buy as Isla gets older.

Here's my list of the best baby shower gifts (that many people forget a new mom needs!) :

#1: Shy away from towels, wash cloths and blankets- a new mom will get a ton of these! I ended up donating what I couldn't exchange.

#2: Buy pajamas in 6, 9 and 12 month sizes. PJ's were the first thing I ran out of early because when Isla was wearing a 3 month size she was wearing 6 month PJs (due to height). I hear this is totally normal! I say stick with any brands excluding Gerber or cheaper, light weight fabric. They shrink too fast. Consider stocking up on PJ's for new mamas!


#3: Look into the best toys for 6, 9 and 12 month olds! I'm now researching toys for my 6 month old because she's bored with all her "baby" toys. I came to realize we really only have one 6 month old toy. More on this later!



#4: Start Baby's Library! Board books are awesome! Look into the board books baby can hold easily by Sandra Boynton (the cover has a cut out and Isla loves putting her hand through it) or Karen Katz. Good Night Moon is a MUST HAVE.


#5- Mealtime accessories: I forgot to register for baby spoons and frozen storage holders and ended up buying them when Isla hit 5.5 months. A fun gift could be a set of bibs, puffs, spoons and the kiddie ice cube trays for freezing puree'd food- or a food cookbook! Put it in a basket or bumbo chair (which Isla sat in to eat before we got her high chair)! Brilliant :)


#6: Look into getting something customized for baby (especially if the new parents know baby's name!) We just got my friend's Daughter the sweetest little tea set for her birthday and customized the box it came in.

#7: If the new Mom is nursing and registered for nursing bras help her out and purchase one. Many older family members feel taboo about buying breastfeeding items. The last thing a new Mom needs is to be running to Target for nursing tanks/bras the first week she's home with her newborn. (Make sure you include the gift receipt just in case she wants to exchange it for a different style. Since new Moms live in these most of the time the little differences in style/color make are important)


#8: A spa gift certificate for the new Mom. My BFF sent me a gift cert before Isla was born to get my nails done because they'd be in so many photos after I had Isla. It was brilliant! A massage gift cert is also perfect for a post-baby relaxation treat.

#9: Consider an Etsy gift card for a tech savvy Mom. There are so many unique baby goodies on Etsy.
I LOVE the changing pad cover I got on etsy and the Mary Oliver print that hangs in Isla's nursery is still one of my favorites.


#10: Make a coupon book for a good friend. This could include the gift of a meal post-baby, babysitting service, house cleaning (remember green products!) or a Happy Hour date (on a date of the new Mom's choosing :)

What is your go-to baby shower gift?



4 comments:

  1. Super post. I've been thinking about this Post.
    I like the way you written the post and show all products.
    There are many website who famous for best baby gifts.
    Thanks for sharing such a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post!! Thank you so much for these baby shower gift ideas. I really liked them. My sister is soon to give birth to baby boy. She will arranging baby shower at one of venues in Los Angeles. I was looking for some unique gift ideas and glad to find them here. Will select an idea from these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this blog. It was really good to know about best baby gifts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete