Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Don't Hassle me, I'm local"

So....I have this ongoing blog about transitioning from a crazy-busy office job to a 100% stay-at-home Mom. It's a beast of a subject and has turned into a maze of issues, revelations, crises and baggage. A big fat rolling duffle of baggage.

I'm convinced I'll never finish it.

Every time I look at it I have to add a couple things....heavy sigh....save it and close. There's just too much to say and with the transition still happening and my own hang-ups with B's work hours and "dedication" (here's where the baggage comes in) I don't know if I'll ever finish it. That being said.....I have to ask if you've heard about (it's all over the news!) and what you think of this new policy for unlimited vacation time. Is it a ploy to instill competition in the workplace to show who works harder (ie: who logs the most hours?) or is it a way for companies to show their employees that they are confident in their skills and work ethic by trusting them to judge when to take a vacation (based on workload) and how much vacation time they need. I heard an NPR convo on this today and was super interested. It's such an interesting concept. What do you think? (ie: I'm still figuring out what I think :)

xoxo.
S

PS-

After writing this and mulling over my own thoughts, this came to mind.....

 Gahhhhh! I love What about Bob? :) Classic Bill Murray!

and my favorite? ....

"I'm sailing! I'm sailing! I sail ! I'm a sailor ! I sail !"

Ok. I'm done. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE WHAT ABOUT BOB! WE NEED TO WATCH WHAT ABOUT BOB TOGETHER ON ONE OF OUR MOMDATES!

    the real topic of this post...just too much to discuss in a mere comment.

    ReplyDelete