Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Milestone: Solids!

We started I.Baby on pureed solids about a week ago! I finally got to dig out all of my "feeding Isla solids" supplies and get to work! 


I am terribly in love with the Beaba- I'll do a full review and post a couple recipes on it later. To start out literally all you do is clean whatever you're cooking, cut it up and throw it in for the Beaba to steam and then for you to puree. SO EASY! I texted my girls just to make sure I did it right. Ha! I did Isla's sweet potatoes as she was going into a meltdown in the evening. I could start them and tend to her without even getting stressed- such a Mommy Lifesaver!

A girlfriend bought me the ice cube trays with lids and they worked great!

I love the bib we got for her too! I know when she can have more snacky treats it'll be perfect. Right now she likes to keep the spoon she plays with during mealtime in there just in case a 2nd spoon is needed for any reason :)

I'll follow up on my review on the Squirt Spoon and Beaba tray. I have yet to use them. I also can't wait to review Isla's high chair!! We've only had it a couple days so I'm not feeling like we've bonded enough yet- but soon!


Miss I didn't love avocados- in fact she did quite a lot of gagging so we did 3 days of them and moved on to sweet potatoes which she tolerates. I'll work the avocados in again. I can't wait to get to the sweet fruits - she'll love those!

I still plan to do the baby lead weaning method but she was getting into our plates and really likes sitting up at the table in her high chair. It was time to start something and purees work for now until she can sit unassisted and feed herself comfortably.

I mean could she be any prouder? :) 

xo- S

No comments:

Post a Comment