Thursday, March 28, 2013

Road-Trippin'

We had our first road trip with Miss Isla and she did awesome! She's on the verge of 10 weeks so some of these tricks wouldn't work with older babies but they were the key to our success! :) 

1. Mama cuddles. Ok, I really just liked this photo (had to sneak it in somewhere :)

2. The incline pillow she sleeps on. I also brought her swaddle so we could keep our bedtime routine of bath, diaper change, swaddle, nurse and rock. worked like a charm!

3. Her wubbanub among other toys.

4. This sleep sheep ROCKED our world. I seriously think it was one of the biggest reasons I slept. It plays white noise and Little Miss is a sucker for the rain/shower noise. It helped her stay calm & snoozy when she needed to be.

5. Yep, breastfeeding wherever I could and whenever she needed me to. We stuck to the 2-3 hour window and she did great. I saw a lot of that back seat :)

6. I also pumped a bottle for the ride home and used it within the recommended 10 hours. It was nice to just lean over my chair and give her a bottle. She even burped in her car seat :) She did lose it at the end of our trip and need to get out and stretch her legs....breastfeeding her outside of her seat was definitely more ideal but the bottle was nice when we needed it. 

And there's my little road-tripper! 

A family pose from the desert :) We had a great time!

xo- S 

No comments:

Post a Comment