Monday, March 11, 2013

My Prego Essentials


Ok- here goes. My top 10 prego essentials. I swear by these!


1. Bella Bee Tummy Honey (Stretch mark cream)- $16ish


I cannot say enough good things about this product. My best-friend reccomended it and sent me my first supply when I got pregnant. I started using it around 6 months and ended up needing 3 total for the time I was pregnant. I like this brand because it's not as waxy as some of the other natural products and it's not incredibly smelly. I only used at night and am stretch-mark free :)

2. Heating pad for back pain and aches- $15

pretty self explanatory but this saved my aching lower back on multiple occasions.

3. Tums - $4


I had really bad indigestion the end of my 1st and beginning of my 2nd trimester. I worked my way through Tums and ended up getting Prevacid prescribed by my Dr for the rest of my 2nd Tri. Tums can do the trick for most pregos though- use them, love them.

My Fall-Winter Maternity Closet

I should preface this by saying I'm completely impartial to the the Liz Lange maternity line at Target and Gap Maternity. I didn't shop a lot online or at all for that matter. I was SUPER lucky to get bags of maternity clothes from girlfriends to get me through the 9 months....that being said, these were my favorite pieces.

1. Target 'Be Maternity' leggings- $22.99

Somedays a waist band is just too much to handle. I LOVE these because they're seamless and so light. They don't have the heavy waist band most of other leggings do. I advise buying a size bigger than you normally wear because they do run a big small and short in the inseam (at least for me). I also LOVE the pea in a pod capri leggings. They have the belly band. 

2. Target 'Be maternity' long and lean basic tank top - $12.99


This will be the best $12 you've ever spent. They are SO comfortable and work wonders for layering. I used them to go under sweaters, for prenatal yoga and for bed time. WELL WORTH the $$

3. Costco full buns undies- $8.99

 I'm a tank + undies nighttime kinda girl. Obviously going with cotton was the most comfortable choice during pregnancy. I picked up a pack of full buns undies at Costco - and yes they have cute prints so you don't have to feel like you've lost all your sex appeal. Love them.

4. Citizens of Humanity Skinny Jeans (from piperlime)- depends $189 online


These were in one of the bags of donated clothes by a girlfriend and I fell in love with them. The waist band can be a bit tight during the later stages of your 3rd Tri but they're perfection for wearing with boots in the Fall/Winter or rolling up the cuffs in the summer.

5. Target Liz Lange Tweed Coat- $49.99


By early November I was layering as many sweaters as possible since I wasn't able to zip any of my fitted jackets/pea coats. Target FINALLY got their Winter pea coats in and I'm in LOVE with this one. It fit from 7-10 months and still had room for bulky sweaters or scarves. I also wore it post baby with the little one in the Moby. It was perfect for tying around her when it was chilly.

6. Dansko Professional Mary Jane clog- in black cherry patent :) $124.99


A girlfriend reccomended these for a sore back and they worked great for me. I wore them to work with wide leg black pants. They really do help your back and improve your posture. I realize they're not a statement piece (or maybe they are in Seattle?) but your aching back will thank you. If you're going to go Dansko rock the black cherry patent leather!

7. Pea in a Pod ruched cotton shirt- $unsure



This shirt was in one of the maternity bags from a girlfriend and I LOVE it. It's so comfortable for lounging, work, yoga- whatever you like.


8. Gap Luxe Jersey Drawstring Top- $24.95

Another cotton shirt that I loved and a great deal at Gap. They have a ton of colors/prints and they always seem to be on sale online.

9. Flat riding boots: $120ish (Enzo)


Personally I am a fan of Enzo flat riding boots. I have a pair in brown and black and they were my preferred footwear with leggings in my 2nd-3rd tri during the Winter and Fall. I picked mine up on sale at Nordy's!


10. Aritizia Diderot Sweater- $75


Now I realize this may be a splurge for some out there but I promise you this sweater is the BEST.THING.IN.LIFE. My in-laws bought me one 7 years ago that I still have and adore. Hubby finally bought me a new one this year because he said my old one had too many stains (it's cream)- I LOVE her and will never throw her away! This is not a maternity piece but is the sweater I wanted to live in at the end of my 3rd tri- it's so comfortable and pairs great with anything. I liked wearing it with leggings, a long sweater and boots. Seriously- go get it.

Happy prego shopping!

xo- S

No comments:

Post a Comment