Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#1 Genius Momvice

Sorry for the hiatus friends- working on a couple bigger posts that are coming your way. :) 

I've been on a prolonged battle to get back into my jeans. I'm now almost 10 weeks post baby and everything fits except for those coveted Rockin' Republics that just won't button. I have had in depth conversations about possible theories and hypotheses regarding how I can be my pre-baby weight and not my pre-baby size.... said conversations are with my hubby whom I'm sure has no recollection of them considering most the time I mumble away to myself about my forever changed hips and belly button (ie: my belly button is deeper. what is this? It seriously annoys me. If I said to a personal trainer "I'd like to tone up my belly button" I'm quite positive they'd get a good chuckle....but really, kinda dreading bikini season.) On a positive note- I don't have even one stretch mark post baby. Thank goodness! Love you Bella Bee Tummy Butter- you saved me and my tummy. 

Anywho.... my "Genius Momvice" of the week---

 Shop consignment when you're between sizes, especially for designer jeans. I just snagged a pair of $28 Rockin Republics that are one size up from my norm. I wasn't even considering the normal $220 for denim considering I have no plan to stay at this size but a good fitting pair of jeans make you feel better about life on a daily basis. I was so sick of yoga pants and leggings- it was time to slip into some denim and consignment is the way to go without breaking the bank. 

If you're local- check out Kirkland's downtown stores. There are about 10 consignment shops with great name brands. I snagged mine at Serendipity. 

Happy Wednesday!
xo-S 

No comments:

Post a Comment