Tuesday, March 5, 2013

numero.uno

It's official. This blog's finally up.

This thing has been 5 months in the making. I have blogged for years but in the final months of my pregnancy I thought....well, I should start a 'mom blog.' Then the idea just sat around on my 'to-do' list for months and months ... and months. I came up with the semi-delusional idea that I'd get it up after having our baby. BAHHAHAHAH .... wasn't that optimistic. Can you tell I'm a first time mama? :) There were delays with design, as in...I don't design. I can photograph all day long but anything with technology is outside my playbook.... stumbling block some may say and yes, it was for several months until I broke down and threw up a template because bottom line is that I just want to write. Isn't that what it's about anyways? If the content is no-good who's going to visit?! Bottom line- this design is in construction. I'm still browsing templates I like on etsy- there's like a million gorgeous ones out there and one day this little slice of blogger land will get a facelift but for now this works. I also got stuck on the title. I was telling my girlfriend this story the other day and I realized I may be losing my mind ...it goes something like this....

I asked the girls (who you will get familiar with later) for 'mama blog' title ideas. I got some and they were super cute! Thanks ladies. I set up a blog for "Rainy City Mama" but it just didn't feel right. I still think it's super cute but it wasn't me and even though I started to draft posts I knew it was going to be a short courtship for the two of us. sad times.

Then when I was in the shower (a rare and blissful moment for a new mom) my brain played this sequence:

-I need to get that mama blog up
-what should I call that thing?
-I love Ellen. love love love
-Kanye and Kim are stupid. I can't believe he gave her a baby-mama shout out at a concert (ok, in hindsight I can believe it)
-I would kill B if he called me his baby mama (hindsight- we're married so .... not logical, any who)
-remember when the guys called him 'Bazey' and put up that pic of Queer Eye for the Straight guy with B's head on it. awesome bros.

and then like a bolt of genius!!!


DING! DING! DING!!!!!!

Bazey Mama!!!

Thank you Kim, Kanye and my Hubby's bros for sending indirect inspiration.

and just like that....my 'Bazey Mama' Mom blog was born. Much less messy and painful.

So this here blog will be where I get to stamp out all my first time mommy blunders, rant with intentional sarcasm, rave about Seattle and chat about all things mama related.

Sit back, enjoy and laugh---for goodness sakes please, PLEASE laugh.....I've learned it's the only thing that keeps us mamas sane when we're on our 4th outfit of the day, baby just blew out another diaper and sleep is an elusive beast. just laugh.

can't wait to get this party started.

xo.
S


No comments:

Post a Comment