Tuesday, March 31, 2015

'those days'

Hi Friends,

I was going to write yesterday but I spent three hours researching Paris hotels after Isla went to bed and then ended up booking the one that was recommended to me (which also happened to be the first one I looked at).

Dammit.

 Totally a wasted night but now I have ZERO fears that I didn't do the ground work on seeking out a great hotel for us while we're in Paris which also happens to land on our 15 year anni.

I should mention- since B's uncle was confused over the weekend- this is our 15 year Anni of being together not of being married. We were together 7 years before we got hitched and I decided that it's just nice to celebrate both anniversaries - Why not?! Not to mention- we should get 'credit' for those 7 years. ha!

So anywho---our trip planning is coming right along. I'm such a researcher and reader that once something's decided I dive in headfirst--this commitment and slight OCD usually works to our advantage. Blog to come once everything's planned!

I wanted to write yesterday because I had this moment in the afternoon when I just felt like, 'oh yes, this is going to be one of THOSE days' and by that I meant the kind when you feel like everyone around you HATES kids. I felt like everywhere I went someone was sneering at Isla or we were in someone's way. I am VERY aware when I'm out and about and I generally try not to selfishly block other people or get in their way with my kid---regardless some people had a serious case of the 'Monday grumpies' yesterday. Evidenced by, the not-so-old man who got annoyed that my door was open when I trying to unload Isla as he was pulling into a handicapped spot (which he had MORE than enough room to get into), the old woman who sneered at me in the grocery store (passenger in said car) and the cashier who informed me he wasn't going to remove/scan any of my groceries with Isla in the cart. THANKS SO MUCH FRIENDS- HAPPY DAY TO YOU TOO!

I am completely generalizing here (especially since two of my examples from yesterday were men) but generally old women are the absolute rudest when I'm out with Isla. I remember being genuinely surprised by this when I was pregnant too since I ran into the same issues. I can't tell you how many times I had a door opened for me when I was super prego and had an old woman shuffle in, in front of me. I don't know why that is and every time I wanted to scream, "LADY, MOST LIKELY THIS WAS YOU 50 YEARS AGO. SIMMER DOWN!" geez.

I should follow this up by saying, believe me--I have been the 'annoyed one' who is SO inconvenienced by some random 'soccer mom' who I deemed had all the time in the world to gallivant around with their kid (if I had only known!)

I was queen of the 'rat-race' and my time was holy.
 It was ridiculous.

Then I got a reality check--called a baby and my world got so much more real. I became more patient, more understanding...just generally more kind. I wish everyone could take a deep breath and remind themselves of that--quit taking it so seriously! We're all in this together.

I hope everyone's having a great Tuesday!
S


No comments:

Post a Comment