Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Checking In

Hi Friends!

We've turned a corner over here (knock on wood!) ... I think Isla is FINALLY over the worst of her growth spurt. For a solid 2 weeks she went from sleeping 7am-7pm to getting up at 6:00, 5:30, 5:00 and then the real cherry on the top....3:45 AM. (I pretty much wanted to sell her that day).

I now know the only way she'll co-sleep is with a  VERY early morning :(

It was a rough two weeks to say the least but I had been through it before with her so I I had hope that it was just a phase and she'd get through it. We're busy catching up on sleep and finding ways to not go crazy indoors with all this rain! (UG!) Can we just get some sun around here?!

On a positive- it's been so apparent how much she's changed in the last two weeks, she's exponentially more verbal, her memory is lasting longer and longer and she's really engaging. Every morning she was up early I could just see the 'wheels turning'-- TOO MUCH TO DO MOM! :)

It's also very bittersweet because her little face is changing so much and she's started looking like more of a 'kid' and less of a Toddler. I caught a glimpse of her profile the other day and she looked like such a little girl it just clinched my heart.

Here are a couple highlights from our week last week--

 Spring is definitely 'springing' around here- midday light rain showers, cherry blossoms and green! 

 A weekend brunch date with my Cousin and dear friend, Sarah (& her 'blue' bump)- LOVE HER! :) 

 A VERY special (and RARE!) coffee date with my Hubby after Isla had a late nap on a walk and we got to enjoy a mocha at Aura Coffee in Kirkland and research our coming vacuum (more below :) 


 A Birthday celebration in Ballard for our Friend, Linds-- Happy 30 lady! 

 Isla shows off her art. 

Riding the Toys R' Us firetruck--she just can't.stop.talking.about.it

And our BIG NEWS--- 

B and I are headed to FRANCE in April for our 15 year Anniversary-- we cannot wait! More details and our itinerary on my personal blog if you have advice of interest :) Miss Isla is thrilled for us and thrilled to spend the days with her Grandparents (3 sets of them!) Lucky girl! 


Hope everyone's well! 

Xo- S







No comments:

Post a Comment