Thursday, December 12, 2013

**Wishlists!**

Hi Friends!

I've been wanting to post Isla's Favorite things from 3-6 Months as well as my favorite books for Photographers...what better way to do that than in a 'Christmas Wishlist' post! 

Here are our wish lists and Isla's favorite things over the last couple months--maybe they'll help give you some ideas for the kiddos on your list :) 

Isla's 3-6 month books/apps Wish List



1. Caspar Babypants: We are big Beatles fans and CB's latest CD is Isla's current favorite jam. Seriously you can't go wrong with any of his CD's. If you were wondering...yes, he is part of Presidents of the United States (circa early 90's :) 
2. Jewel: Another fave. I credit this CD for soothing Isla while we were stuck in traffic for 3 hours. Jewel's magic. 
3. Best Baby Monitor: Pairs with your iPhone and iPad or 2 apple devices. The best $4 I've ever spent. 
4. I like to call these 3 books Isla's bedtime reading trifecta- these are her 3 favorites. I love that Isla is starting to mimic the animal noises we practice with "Time for Bed."
5. Isla's been a big fan of Susan Boynton board books for months. Opposites is short and sweet. love!
6. Snuggle Puppy has been a favorite since the beginning. Seriously- buy it. k
7. Isla's currently into activity books like "Pat the Bunny" and "Where is Baby's Belly Button" flap book. Favorites!

Isla's 3-6 month toys & goodies!



1. Twilight Turtle: This is part of our nighttime routine and she's really been into it lately now that she can tote it around and shine the stars on herself. 
2. B. Soft Blocks: Isla's played with these since she was really little and she uses the bag as a purse. 
3. Ugg 'bixbee' booties: These are Isla's most current purchase for winter and we love them. She hates shoes and keeps these on fairly well ... they do have Velcro so if you're kid is aggressive about shoes they may not work. Regardless, they are the cutest! 
4. Boon Spoon: This is completely key for feeding baby on-the-go! 
5. Bowling Monkeys: Kids love these--they are the perfect size to carry around. Isla doesn't bowl with hers- she just packs one around...I find them hiding out everywhere. 
6. Bla Bla Fox (mini): Isla loves her mini Bla Bla knit fox. He's her little bedtime friend. I can't tell you how many times I've gone in to sooth her in the middle of the night and she's been clinging to Sox who gets rocked back to sleep too :) 
7. Doodlepants: Seriously these are the cutest! There is nothing cuter than a little diaper butt in these pants! I got mine on Zulily for half price--be on the look out. The cat print is my favorite for girls!
8. Green Toys Stacker: Isla has loved this toy since she was pretty young. It's a great learning toy and sturdy enough for the teething phase. 
9. Organic Zoo : I love Organic Zoo's organic onesies--they are SO soft and perfect for lounging. Splurge and go organic for a onesie or two for your little one. They're the best to cuddle in. 
10. The Sleep Sheep: This is sold by the same company as the Twilight Turtle and I purchased it after Isla was born and she responded well to the white noise machine. It's perfect for the stroller and car seat--the best for travel! It even turns into a fun stuffed animal because you can remove the noise maker. 
11. Suction bowl: Key for little finger food eaters who love nothing more than throwing their bowl on the floor. Isla's a re-offender and a suction bowl is my new best friend! 

Isla's 2013 Christmas Wish List



1. Plui bath toy : I hear rave reviews!
2. Kidkraft Kitchen: My Niece, Grace LOVES this kitchen and it's apparently a total lifesaver for Mom's who need an extra minute. I can't wait to get Isla the kitchen in cherry red! 
3. Green Bath toys: A girl can never have too many bath toys
4. Begin Again Puzzle: I'm obsessed with the ABC animal puzzle. I love this brand!
5. Begin Again worm: A perfect stocking stuffer!
6. AmLit Books: I love these board books. They are all based on classics but are short and sweet versions that teach colors, numbers, letters, etc. 

My Wish List!


1. Black Rapid Camera Strap: My good friend has one of these and after seeing it in action I realized it was key to simplifying sessions--especially weddings! I can't wait to get my hands on one!
2. Dot Complicated: I heard about this book on the Today show. The author is the Sister of Mark Zuckerberg and I was so interested in the interview I had to read it! I really think we need to consider educating our kids to have a healthy relationship with technology- including when to unplug their lives!
3. Einstein Never Used Flashcards: Highly recommended by Parents Magazine. 
4. Parenthood Listography: I high jacked this idea from my BFF's, Amazon wish list but if you know me I'm the ultimate list maker and this was right up my alley! 
5. Parents Magazine: Of all the parenting mags I got subscriptions to when I was prego Parents was by far the best. 
6. Shutter Hugger: After being told by a 4 year old earlier this week that she was only letting me take "3 photos" I decided to take a chance and see if I have any luck with this. I figure it'll work on babies at least :) 
7. Simplicity Parenting: Less is more. I can't wait to read this. 
8. Tretorn Rainboots: They come in fun colors and have warm lining. Serious no-brainer. They've been on my list for 4 years- it's seriously time. 
9. A bundt pan: I'm turning into my Mother :) 

The Photographer's Library Wish List


1. Fine Art Weddings: I love this book because the Author Jose Villa is an amazing Photographer (who uses film no less!) but I love that you can use his techniques in any shoot. He uses natural light and a really no-nonsense approach. His work is just breathtaking.
2. Luminous Portrait: Another talented Photog, Elizabeth Messina, who made a breathtaking book. The pictures are so-so pretty. You just want to live in that gorgeous, flattering light forever! I got this last year for Christmas and still browse through it. Her advice on lighting and working with clients is great. 
3. Understanding Exposure: The perfect gift for the beginning Photographer. Basic with some more advanced approaches....like the art of getting a perfect 'panning' shot. I'm still working on that. I love Peterson's approach and tone in the book. His shutter speed book is great too. 
4. Design Aglow posing guide for Families: I love this 'idea' book for fun sessions. They also have one coming out for weddings. Fun to browse!

Enjoy all the ideas! Hope they help! 

xo. 
S

PS- If you're buying for a Mama-to-be you can find my 'Prego Essentials' List HERE. Seriously- these items are tried and true! She will love you.

If you're buying for a New-Mom or for a baby shower check out my baby must-haves HERE. There are some seriously good items on this list--ones I couldn't have made it without! 

No comments:

Post a Comment