Friday, December 6, 2013

Holidays

There is some serious holiday magic going on over here. 

I know everyone says holidays with kids are 100 times better because you get to witness all of the holiday magic all over again....you get to be a kid again! It's so true--even more true than I was prepared for.

 I am obsessive about Christmas...it's slightly embarrassing. The house is always decorated the day after Thanksgiving, getting the boxes out to decorate makes me giddy, turning on White Christmas for Isla for the first time made my heart double in size, one of my criteria when we house hunt is 'how good it will look in Christmas lights' (don't tell B ;)....gah!! ...so much sugar-coated, peppermint scented, evergreen flocked glory...makes me want to sing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" from the rooftop and do a little "snow dance" to beckon the white stuff to come hither- bring it on! I welcome a White Christmas! 

Here is a little snapshot of our holiday magic...and it's only the 6th--YES, I WIN! :) 

1. Our "naked" tree 

Decorated!!

2. Isla's first look at Christmas Lights (my heart just stopped-- look at that face! :)



3. Christmas PJ's! 



4. Really loud Christmas garland. She loved that stuff.



5. Decorating the tree with this little lady. priceless. 


6. Signing presents "Love, Mom & Dad" --- we've waited a very long time for that :) 


7. Christmas Books. (That Amlit Christmas Carol book is so cute!)



8. My tiny shopping buddy & her unpacking skills


9. I completely stole this idea from my Cousin, Emily (Thanks lady!)-- Mom&Dad stockings to match Isla's new stocking from PB.



10. Isla listening to her 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' countdown ornament :) 


11. Isla's very own personalized ornament :) (Thanks Nana C. & Papa J) 


12. This sweet, sweet little family of mine. I'm forever grateful. 


Have a lovely Weekend friends!

xo.
S

PS- I'm working on posting our December bucket list--stay tuned! Lots of fun holiday ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment