Monday, April 6, 2015

Barfy Slide

Hi Friends!

Today was good but felt SO much like a Monday-- laundry was backed up, I had to do 2 loads of dishes to catch up and our house was just constantly cluttered-- typical 'day-after a holiday' right?!

Isla quickly went from a delightful little morning angel to a demanding, cranky, destructive afternoon menace. The whole time she was just chatting to herself and was always busy doing something. At one point I looked over and she was drawing huge swirls on the windows like a mad Jackson Pollock.  I swear she never stopped talking all day-- it sounded like she was speaking in tongues at certain moments because she was trying to get so many words out.


Then I took her to the park and she didn't even hesitate to climb much farther than normal. She was swinging from high rings and sticking her head in places its not meant to go... pretty much just scaring the crap out of me.

The real highlight was when she was at the top of the big slide with a line of kids behind her all waiting their turn to go.

She looked at me, bent down and barfed all down the slide.
Like right down the long, bumpy slide- it was like a slow motion horror film.

Unfortunately too many parents and kids saw for me to tell her to slide and make a run for it. We had walked to the park so I of course had nothing to mop it up with. I had to walk up the playtoy, remove her shirt, put her jacket on (with no shirt underneath- classy I know) and slide down myself while mopping it up in front of me as I went- so ridiculous and such a COMPLETE MOM MOMENT. Moms of other little barfers out there will TOTALLY understand!




I hope everyone got outside and enjoyed some of the afternoon sun today---lets hope it sticks around awhile, I'm so over Spring rain!

xoxo.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment