Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's in my brain tonight?

Hi Friends!

I should really be winding down for bed but I thought I'd do a quick post before falling into my big 'cloud' duvet that I just dug out of storage because it's SO EFFING COLD in Seattle right now! (I literally almost died on my 8 minute walk with Isla today). Without further adieu....

1. Isla loves pointing out 'possession' right now...I'm always getting a matching item that she has and hearing "Islas"- "Mamas"-- last week it was magazines...I get my camera mag and she gets B's Scientific American. Pretty smart cookie (but I'm biased :) !


2. This sight that I get to take in everyday at about 3pm. She always demands applesauce in the afternoon even if she's had 14 packets already (don't worry--it's just one a day but it feels like 14). If I hear 'sauce-sauce' one more time! 


3. Really taking in Fall today (even though I froze my a*% off!) The leaves are so perfect right now and they'll be gone before we know it. Soak it all in friends! 


 4. How much Isla adores this Nordy's box right now. It is a blank canvas for artwork, stickers, a parking garage for cars and hangout for Sesame Street figurines. Who knew a box could be so much fun?! (Well, everyone I hear...but still!)



5. You know the place in your house where you see little kid stuff and think 'that's the sweetest! We're so lucky to have her! I can't believe that little person is ours." For me it's always when I see our coats hung up together- one big Daddy coat, one medium Mommy coat and one little Isla coat. It always makes my heart skip a beat. I'm really loving going to bed at night and seeing a little pile of toys Isla's stashed on B's side of the bed. She loves that little space between the nightstand and window. It's so sweet to see her little hang out every night before I sleep.


6. Strolling her toothbrush. The girl has priorities and apparently dental hygiene is one of them! 


7. Seeing my little lady try and scale that 'big kid toy' to hang with the boys. She's going to be all trouble--I can see it already!


8. How we type. She has her keyboard (that's thankfully not hooked up) and I have mine. Little worker bees around here (bzzzzzz!)


9. My kid loves nothing more than watching videos of babies and cats on the internet. Who can blame her?!



10. Gemma. Need I say more? (I must mention that her Mom mentioned she resembled Fran Drescher because that's just funny!)



 Time to curl up with my new book! My Fall/Winter book list post is to come--it's full of good reads and some bad, smutty ones too :) Stay tuned!

xo.
S

PS- Oh! and a Friend emailed me that her Daughter had the same issues eating solids and changing up her most beloved foods and steady routine when she was getting 2 year molars (see yesterdays post if you want more details). I REALLY HOPE that's the explanation for Isla's odd behavior lately. Today she FINALLY fed herself with utensils for the first time in two weeks so I feel like 'baby steps' are getting us somewhere. I embraced the 'no solid foods diet' (for the moment) and made her sweet potato/pear/apple puree for tomorrow. I'm sure she'll snub her nose at it, give me a look that says 'how dare you present me with this MOM!' and demand 'sauce-sauce' but I'm doing it anyways because if nothing else....this kid is teaching me PATIENCE! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment