Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Advice?

Hi Friends!

Last week my little one was sick--so sad! -- I hate seeing Miss Isla under the weather (although I love those sweet baby cuddles all day, there's no remedy like snuggling with Mama :).


Anywho---when she was finally feeling better it was like she turned into a different kiddo.

She has been rejecting all of her favorite foods (from blueberries to her beloved cheese--mind blowing I KNOW!) and hasn't eaten solid food in almost 2 weeks. She will only snack on yogurt, applesauce and milk. I know she's not going to starve in this house- she can pretty much request a meal whenever she wants but I am still worried about her not getting all of her daily vitamins in solids- especially for a Vegetarian! I went out and bought purees loaded with veggies just to make sure she was getting vegetables and vitamins in her diet! I told B that I'm on the verge of puree'ing tofu or beans to get her some protein! (gross!)


She also has some weird new habits when it comes to food--she refuses to feed herself. She wants to be fed or to feed others but if you suggest she feed herself or leave the spoon for her she won't use it.

She also hardly ever drags around her water cup like she used to. She has at least 2 wet diapers a day which (per her Dr) is the bar separating 'normal' from dehydration so apparently she's still in the clear but as the days go on I'm getting more uneasy about this new 'change.'



She doesn't nap which isn't news to anyone but she wants to eat dinner at 4:30, do her bath at 6pm and as soon as the tub is full she tells me 'all done'---WHAT?!---this is from the child who used to bathe for 30-45 minutes. She then goes to bed around 6:30ish and most nights wakes up an hour after going down to talk/play in her crib for bit and then goes back to sleep.

She also has been having very high and low mood swings. She gets fixated on something and it's very hard to distract her or break her frustration with whatever she's hung up on. She must have muttered/yelled and demanded 'sauce-sauce' (i.e.: applesauce) at the cabinet for the an hour over the weekend--it took completely removing her from the condo to break her concentration. aiyiyiyi!

All of this is new territory for us! I am hoping it's teething or a mental leap but I'm so thrown by the food struggles that I'm starting to get uneasy. Have any of you had similar issues with your kiddos around 22 months? Advice and words of wisdom are VERY welcome!

Thanks friends!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment