Friday, December 19, 2014

Text for Help.

Hi Friends! 

So yesterday I caught Isla trying to send this text to one of my relatives. I saved it because it pretty much relays my exact feelings about this holiday: 






Excited. 
Festive. 
Terrified/Exhausted.


I am not quite sure if I feel this way every year during the holidays or if this year I'm just particularly tired but honestly, HONESTLY I am SO freaking tired! I know that I over-extend myself during the holidays, it's just part of my playbook. I could have my shopping done in September, cards out in October and Isla's Santa pic done 12/1 and I would still find a way to be stressed out and running a million places the week before Christmas....which has been my life this week. 

I literally have spent the last 5 days searching for last minute gifts, stressing about packages getting in the mail and black Friday online presents arriving, checking that I didn't miss anyone on our list, planning meals and 'day-of' schedules, harassing my child with Santa (see photo below) and going to bed a shell of the woman I woke up as. I need to sleep for 3.days.straight and only get up to pee. That's seriously what I need. Or Hawaii, Napili Beach with my buns in the sand and Isla in a little bikini. Just please. 

I hope you all are having a stress-free holiday. Happy last-minute Christmas Shopping! 

xoxo. 
S

A little something to kick-off your weekend. I'm obviously a terrible Mother for keeping this photo--but one day she'll appreciate it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment