Friday, December 12, 2014

On my brain

1. I have been sucked into the mind-draining-soul-sucking world that is creating yearly albums for Christmas gifts. My entire week was spent sorting through 3 years of photos to put together 5 family albums and a yearbook (in lieu of scrapbooks). Omg, I feel my mind melting. #damnyouBlurb

2. My kid stringing words together like the latest confirmation that she actually does listen to me, "Mama, butt, sick"-- "well yes Isla, I did say if you put your hands in your poopy diaper you would get sick" (Because that sh*t's just true- pun intended!)

3. Wine. RED. Wine. (and to the conversation we had last weekend about if you consider yourself a seasonal wine drinker (i.e.: white in the Summer and red in the Winter--not only drinking in the Winter, that's just pure crazy talk. )

4. It's almost Christmas and I was almost hit no less than 4 times in the Costco parking lot on Tuesday because everyone's in such a damn hurry. Seriously people?! Get a spiked eggnog and chill the eff out.

5. The Elmo Christmas CD that plays endlessly in my car- thank god I love Christmas music or I'd literally poke my eyes out. That said, if I have to listen to Elmo Saves Christmas one more time, I'm going to unleash my Grinch.

6. That feeling you get when you find the PERFECT unexpected gift for someone. I LOVE that feeling! (and I can't wait for her to open it!)

7. Our impromptu girls weekend last weekend- next time all we need is to be snowed in with Cafe Rio delivery! :)

8. Parenthood--god I love that show, but if I talk to B about the characters like they are real one more time he's literally going to commit me. It's a bit crazy, even in my own book. (But Julia and Joel--SERIOUSLY GET IT TOGETHER!)

9. Our family day tomorrow--full of festivities! In the words of Isla "LIGHTS!" (although she has the same excitement for the street sweeper to which she screams "STREESEEEEEP" from her crib until we pull her out to see it)

10. My Friend's 2.5 year old who went up to her Dad and informed him she "sh*t her pants today"-- in those exact words. I watch the video over and over--- it cracks me up and makes me feel like an exemplary Parent all at once. Thanks for that! :) (although I should mention I thought Isla dropped the big-dirty-F-bomb today but she really just said FORK 400 times until I got it and the nervous sweats subsided (i.e.: just give it time- eek!)

Happy Weekend everyone :)
S

No comments:

Post a Comment