Thursday, December 4, 2014

An unfortunate holiday eye-opener.

Hi Friends!

I had a startling realization tonight.

I have turned into my Mother (insert scared emoji here!)

... well on the holiday front at least :) And the worst part is that it's all due to one of those trinkety holiday 'villages.' Last year during the holidays Isla loved the village at my Grandparents house so they offered it to me and I took them up on it in the name of Isla's happiness (of course).

This year I put the houses out to see if she was into it and of course....she was. So....what's a Mom to do but go buy the sheet of "snow" (that I'm sure was repackaged from a quilting store because it looks exactly like the crap they pack into pillows or back on quilts) and a host of fake accessories (hence the tiny Douglas Firs and gleeful children sledding). Full confession coming..... I had a FREAKIN BALL setting this thing up tonight.

(pause for awkward silence)

All of this just hit a bit too close to the childhood memory of my Mom having one of these holiday villages with the big houses and an actual skating pond where the skaters moved around. During the holidays it took up two shelves in our family room and everything was thoroughly laid out....the train station had to have the figurines hugging 'good-bye' in front because it just wouldn't make sense if they were hugging in front of say, the post office. No brainer when it comes to village assembling common sense.

Needless to say, Isla's thrilled by our tiny village and I may have caught the 'bug.' Please someone- get me some spiked eggnog or something.





No comments:

Post a Comment