Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A List of 10.

Hi Friends!

 A couple random thoughts about the last couple days in my holiday jumbled brain:

1. This text from my Dad about my cat's recovery (He had to have some teeth pulled at the vet- poor old man Bons!) I'm still cracking up over it.


2. Sunday, the day I found EVERYTHING I wanted at the Rack. Literally. I have been looking for one of those green (or blue) parkas everyone and their Mom is wearing right now--I found a BCBG version at the Rack for cheap and it fit like a glove. I couldn't help myself. Then, I remembered this thing I just watched on the news about how on many occasions 'faux fur' is actually real fur (because sometimes it's cheaper to get low grade fur than fake fur)... which I just can't do in any circumstance. Even when it's a Raccoon Dog (That's real- that's a real animal they get that weird raccoon looking parka fur from). I can just imagine my hood coming from road kill or something- which is just awful. So I had to check and as I was scouring the tag I was praying "please for the LOVE OF GOD let this NOT come from a RACCOON DOG!" and thankfully it didn't (100% faux fur-no animal pelts here!) and I got my super-cheap-BCBG parka and left with a huge smile. Epic day of Rack finds!

3. Breakfast at The Fat Hen in Greenwood with B. The wait sucked terribly. I whined all about how I never have to wait on the Eastside (which isn't remotely true) and then we ate and it was all worth it- especially this mocha! (speaking of mochas- anyone cutting caffeine at a NY's resolution? I am (just my 2nd cup) and I'm already desperately grieving about it. Such drama going on over here)


4. Xmas Eve TOMORROW- CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! (Ok, I can- I mean just get here already Christmas-- it took it's good sweet time this year...but really, we're SO THRILLED over here!)

5. This pic I snapchatted yesterday. My kid is channelling Harry P (and she looks so much like me here it gives me goosebumps :)


6. Running to drop off B's package at UPS with Isla in a f'ing downpour today. FULL ON MONSOON....and then coming home to have him tell me it could have gone out tomorrow. Really great.

7. She will not stop eating her toes. Her feet are always soaked in slobber. Is this a stage?


8. The $4 snowman balloon that saved my patience with Isla at QFC. Thank you expensive little trinket- you were a lifesaver.

9. Isla yelling "YIPPEEEEE" every time she hears Rudolph because she hasn't quite timed the lyrics right yet ( you know the part?..." and they shouted out with glee--YIPPEE!") I would love to post a video here of her and I singing but she was in the tub and the kid's a bit of an exhibitionist. (She doesn't get that from me! :)

10. My kid won't stop touching the damned snow globes. Kills me. She will ask for my help if I'm close but as soon as I take a step out of reach she snags one. Making me nuts! 3 days and those are getting packed up!


Have a very happy holiday! Love and warm wishes to you and your families :) 
xo. 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment