Thursday, June 13, 2013

Britax B.Agile Stroller & B.Safe Carset Review

So, I've been wanting to review my stroller +carseat combo for awhile but wanted to have enough time bonding with it to do a fair review. Now is the time!

When we were researching strollers pre-Isla we had a very strict 'must-have' list including:

1. Must be compact for our small space (1300 sq. foot condo-eek!)
2. Must be a Car seat + stroller combo (never wake a sleeping baby!)
3. Must be safe.

We checked out all the fancy models and even though I was in love with the Uppababy model I really wanted to stick to the car seat + stroller combo.  Even though the bassinet is so cute I couldn't find the room to store it- maybe with baby #2 when we have a house?!!! I liked the Britax brand and had heard really good things about their strollers online. The Britax I see everyone with is the BReady model. It's big...with big wheels...really sturdy and if I had room for it I may have gone that route but we needed the compact version and I wanted it to be light enough that I could easily toss it in the back of my SUV. I should mention here that I tried the 4Moms Origami stroller and it was REALLY heavy. There was no way I could toss it in my car comfortably. It is super cool that it pops itself up and my Cousin, the small business owner :), tells me that 4Moms is coming out with a lighter version. YAY!!!

We ended up going with the Britax B.Agile Stroller and the B.Safe car seat .



Both models got awesome safety and consumer review. The best part was both are available on Amazon for under $300 TOGETHER! steal!

A little side note: If Amazon says they're on back order you can order them anyways- I did that assuming it'd be a couple weeks and they came within 3 days.

Here's my Pros and Cons list on the combo:

Pros: 

- REALLY light and maneuverable. I was complimented at Starbucks about how well it "cornered" - I felt like I was driving a Cadillac.

-Material is very durable. I have probably spilled 14 Americanos on it already and it's in perfect shape. It cleans up beautifully!

-The hood on the carseat and stroller overlap to cover for an impromptu rain shower (which is SUPER HELPFUL in Seattle!)

- Super compact and SO EASY to fold up. I've caught people with mouths gaping on multiple occasions after I pop Isla's seat into the car and fold the stroller in one motion- you push a button and pull up. Super easy!


Cons: 

- The handle doesn't extend and for tall people like me that makes a difference. It only really bothers me on long walks or when I have a bag attached. My hubby (who's 6'2") doesn't seem to mind it.

-The storage bag on the bottom is a weird angle. It realistically can fit a toy, blanket and some diapers. I hear this is a common issue with strollers. With the Mommy Hook (below) I don't have issues with it too often.

- It can be a bit squirrely if you don't have a tight grip on the handle....this is a side effect of it being so light.

- There is only a full raincover (that I could find) for the stroller without the carseat (when baby hits that  1 year mark) so if you live in a super rainy area this one may not be right for you. I will say, living in Seattle rain, I've never had a problem with it.

Recommended Accessories: 

1. Britax Head & Body Support Pillow (love this name- ha!)

In the beginning Isla was a little slumpy in the carseat and I didn't like stuffing blankets around her head (Hello SIDS) so I bought this Britax newborn positioner. It worked great! Isla was born in January so the fuzziness of it was great. If you have a warm Spring or Summer baby you may want to find a lighter weight positioner. 

2. Britax Stroller Organizer. 

I highly recommend purchasing this organizer at the same time as the Stroller/carseat. I LOVE this thing and it's saved me on multiple occasions. I walk at least 3 times a day--with one car that's just life--and the cup holder is perfect for my iced water and americano. The compartment in the middle has a magnet closure and holds quite a bit--I throw in my keys, wallet, an extra doggie bag and my phone. The only draw back to this is that sometimes the cups don't sit perfectly square but it's smarter to order your tall drink in a grande container anyways so it never bothers me. 

Please also notice.....it holds a bottle of pinot. Just please. Go get it. 



3. The Mommy Hook


Ok, I know that this thing just looks like a big carabiner but seriously it is the MOTHER OF ALL CARABINERS. It has saved me on multiple occasions. I load up so much stuff on this thing it would blow your mind but it's the only way I can get my errands done with one car and possibly a dog in tow. The only caution is to make sure the carseat is on the stroller preloading otherwise the stroller will tip. Been there. done that.

All said and done....I love this Stroller + Carseat combo and would purchase it again in a heartbeat. It's a total steal, so safe, so durable, compact and versatile. I can't say enough good things about it.


obviously..... I'm a big fan (that thing is like Isla's chariot!) :) 





3 comments:

  1. My best friend was getting new baby few months ago and I want to give him a good baby stroller as a gift but I need a good stroller within the affordable cost price and if you know about any online site then please tell me about this.More Info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since my stroller needed a part that Jamie didn't have in stock, it took a little longer. But she offered to let me borrow a similar stroller while it was under repair. best lightweight stroller

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it comes to all available car seat stroller combinations for your child in the market, You need be very careful. Click here to know "BEST 9 CAR SEAT STROLLER COMBOS FOR BABY’S SAFETY"

    ReplyDelete