Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Month of May

Hi Friends!

I wanted to post today but I'm having issues getting off the couch :( I pulled something in my back when I was sleeping two nights ago and I can't seem to get rid of it. It has not been made better by the fact that my bed is literally twelve years old (that's real) and I think my pillow may be going on 7 or 8. Ug! Time to upgrade all of the above! It is never worth losing sleep. It's also entirely unfair and somewhat poetic that Isla has been sleeping through the night the last week and a half and now I'm not sleeping...at all and my back is killing me. awesome. So with that....I'm posted up on the couch with my 16th coffee, my trusty iPhone that helps me believe I'm still "in the loop" and my 'to-do list' that helps remind me of all the stuff I have waiting for me when I'm on the mend. ah yes....

I was lucky enough to be trolling my 'drafts' folder and found this post from Christmas time. I didn't post it then because my BF, Ashli hadn't received her Christmas gift but I have to post it now. Sometimes I prove to be a genius, even to myself! 

Do you know this book? 


It's so good! It's about two Photographer friends who live across the country and take a photo of their morning, every day, for a year. It's so beautiful and lovely--it shows the true sisterhood of friendship in photos. No words- only photos. I love it!


A couple years ago my Best Friend, Ashli who lives in Miami (yes, 3315 miles away from me. sob) sent me this book with the sweetest note. For years I have been meaning to return the favor. When we did Mamas Across Miles on the blog this past May I decided the time was right to send A Year of Mornings along with our own version, which I titled A Month of May. It turned out so lovely I couldn't help but order one for myself.




It was just so fitting that the blog coincided with both of us raising little ones, across the country. It was such a blessing to see her photos come over everyday. No matter how far away she was I was reminded that we were doing the same things- acting out the same routines....we were Mamas of little girls. There was something so very sweet about seeing that bound in pages, preserved to last.


Here's to great gift giving and tooting my own horn. 
toot.toot. 

xoxo. 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment