Friday, January 24, 2014

TGIF! Thoughts on toss pillows.

Hi Friends!

I'm blogging about pillows (i.e.: yes, Isla's finally asleep :)

I have issues making an executive decision when it comes to decorating. Usually hubby and I agree on decor so it's easier to have his opinion. When it came to throw pillows he vehemently hated the ones I picked up 'on the cheap' at Costco (and I may admit here that they weren't my favorite--but they were comfortable :) Part of my issue was that our couch isn't that stylish but we got it because it is literally the best-looking and most comfortable motorized reclining couch in the world (yes, we're 31 going on 65). We bought it when I was super-prego and just wanted to be reclining at all times. 

We literally have zero regrets. 
It has rocked our world. (It's also perfect for movies!)

So, on Christmas I made the rash decision to throw out the toss pillows Hubby hated so much. The only issue was that I had nothing to replace them with. The other night I was up with Isla at 3:15pm (my poor teething girl) and when I laid on the couch and had to 'gob' up a blanket for my "pillow" I decided it was time to make a decision. 

A decor decision on my own. 
terrifying.

So....L and I were at Ikea on Wednesday and I decided to buy these FABULOUS-FABULOUS black & white pillows (the B&W is actually a cover). They make me feel completely cutting-edge-modern (so hilarious, I know!) and I picked up the gold and burnt orange yesterday at World Market. I was trying to decide between the two but I decided that all three needed to stay (thanks for the advice L :)

 Then I saw that Hello Apparel is doing a "hello" B&W pillow so that obviously needs to happen to "even" out our new decor. (You know how I am about even numbers)

Love them -- and myself for finally pulling the 'decor-decision-making' trigger. 

Long overdue, S. 
Long overdue.


(oh, and let me just tell you....I need to start listening to B.Hubby when it comes to decorating MUCH LESS...I told him I wanted those couches in gray but he loved the tan. I relented because I was tired and pregnant (which looking back should have been why he releted--he's so the Glen Gulia (our new nickname when one of us is being a 'butt'--get the movie reference?!) any who..... my coveted slate gray became instantly the "in" color afterwards and would have rocked our living room. From now on, I'm in charge of the decor. #justsayin)


cute, huh?!!!!

xoxo. 
S


1 comment:

  1. The couch actually looks nice, and it seems comfortable as well. It’s not bad to go for something cheap, yet comfy; I actually think that it would be wise to do so. But if you’re a fashion devotee, it would be a lot different. Anyway, thank you for sharing this with us, and I hope you and your hubby are very satisfied with your living room. All the best!


    Melissa Robinson @ Pillow Perfect

    ReplyDelete