Saturday, April 13, 2013

Episode 1: Pea Patch

I freakin' hate my condo. 

There I said it. 

It's not exactly good news that we have to renew our lease for another year. 
Another year of condo living. 
BLUGGGHHH-OH! 

With all seriousness, as much as condo living has become a serious pain with a newborn, dog and the sudden realization that we need more space....I'm being a bit of a drama queen. The condo is in a great location next to parks to walk my dog, beaches (we're on the lake), a pretty & safe little downtown for strolling, a community pool and library within a block. It will be a good summer even though I'll be looking forward to moving in May. VERY EAGER. 

To make the year a little easier I'm working on several projects to keep myself condo-sane....one of them is getting more outdoor time for myself and Isla. I REALLY miss my deck & yard. We adopted a pea patch up the street so I've been working on our gardening plan. 

Here's to hoping I don't kill my garden as soon as I put it in the ground and that we get some fresh air &  enjoy our outdoor time along the way :) 

Our pea patch- Time to weed! So much work ahead.

The Sis and I went to Flower World for Veggie starts!



Isla helped by trying to shove her entire fist in her mouth. always entertaining and sad all at the same time.

Since we're still getting big rain I put the veggie starts in compost pots on my deck under a bit of cover. It'll be an easy transition to plant them in the garden when the rain starts moving out.



Isla was obviously exhausted from all the hard work.

To praying I have a "green thumb"

xo- S 

No comments:

Post a Comment