Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter GrateFULLness.


 Hi Friends!

Today was the day I would have gone back to work. All day, I thought about how hard it would be for me to hand off my girl to someone else while I went into the office. You would have heard a pathetic tantrum from Kirkland if I was headed back. I know I would miss so much with her. She literally changes every hour. I know so many parents who both work outside the home and have amazing caregivers. Many of my girlfriends know they need to work outside the home for their own sanity- it's just who they are. I didn't understand that prior to having Isla but I completely do now. This "staying at home" thing is the most emotionally exhausting, terrifying, beautiful, gratifying thing I've ever done. It's so odd to know a job is invaluably important when you aren't complimented on your progress everyday- there are no deadlines to check off or meetings to update status....you just hope you're doing it right. You pray the milestones come when they "should" and that you haven't messed anything up too bad that day :)

 I am so very grateful to B for going to work everyday for us while I care for our little lady. It's the job I always knew I could and would do....I just didn't know it would be what it is. The hardest- best kind of work. :)



I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend :) 

xo- S 

2 comments:

  1. YES! love this post. seriously though. i wish cleo could talk and say "good job, L. good job. you're doing fine work, wiping poop off the baby's ass!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Miss I's little Easter dress.

    ReplyDelete