Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Isla's Gallery Wall

Hi Friends!

I have been slowly chipping away at my list of NY Resolutions (which was more of a 'to-do' list/wishlist for this year :)

One of the things that has been on my list for months has been to hang up a 'gallery wall' over Isla's crib. I kind of put it off because we're moving in May and I didn't have the piece de resistance (i.e.: the one that pulled them all together). Then Christmas hit and B's Uncle generously gifted Isla a beautiful painting he did of the Nutcracker--ballerinas and the most perfect Winter scene-- and the colors matched her room so wonderfully and the painting so exactly perfect for her that I could't have it lounging on a shelf in the living room so on Saturday I hung up her gallery wall.

FINALLY.

It's a work in progress (as is everything in my life ;) - I'm sure I'll add pieces or reframe prints but for now I really do love it. On top of it all I hung it all by myself, with a power tool and I'm completely confident it's not falling down anytime soon--even with a Toddler who hates to sleep! :)

 The proportion in this shot is a little off but the room's a bit tight so you get the idea. The lower white fabric on the left is actually a sheer curtain- I have an irrational fear that those things are going to catch on fire from the heater and I need to take them down. For now--that's my 'parent hack' :) 


 Perfect. Thank you Matt! (You can see his website here.)

 That piece in the middle is from Target's threshold line...something I've had laying around that worked with this arrangement. Love it when that happens! 

 This print is actually a card that Matt did for us after Isla was born. I love it! 

 The 'dream big' print is from etsy. You can find it here.

 That flamingo print is from Rifle Paper Co.  On Black Friday my dear Friend, L sent me a heads up that it was on sale and I couldn't help myself!  I love that the pinks match the painting! 

and last but not least... 

Just in case you were wondering where these are from: The white is from Michael's. I looked at the felt garland on etsy and it was super pricey for a 4-ft string so I hit up Michael's and that string (and there are other colors) was $4.00. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING! It fit the Winter theme with the painting perfectly and went up first- love when things work out! I made the tassel garland- you can find instructions online- super easy! 

Well- that's it! Time to get to work on the rest of my list of resolutions!
xo. 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment