Tuesday, May 14, 2013

so much

Hope you are liking the M.A.M photos coming across every day. I'm loving the project. 

So sorry for a lack of true posts. I have so much to write about but have been stuck in Isla's teething adventure. I also have sat down on many occasions thinking I'm ready to write something....or have my ideas in order but I'm not inspired and when I'm not inspired....nothing good comes of it. 

I will say I saw Michael Pollan last night with my Sis at Benaroya in Seattle. He was amazing. He got all the "wheels" oiled up and spinning in my head again. Sometimes I tell B that I feel a little more stupid since staying home with Isla. Talking to a baby all day doesn't exactly stretch my intellectual capacity. This is part of the reason I book up my week with FaceTime events, dates with girlfriends, watch the news and read mags. I hate feeling too isolated. Michael Pollan had so many interesting things to say about food, our relationship with it personally and in society. I loved his points about sitting down for a family meal and the art/act of cooking. Just know these are mulling away in my head- brewing up a lovely, thoughtful post. I love the "steeping" time I take before posting......organizing random thoughts into ideas and sentences......"webbing" them all out like we did in grade school, linking them to my personal experience, my childhood, my adulthood...the way I want to live. 

So while I sit and chew on grainy, delicious thoughts I hope you enjoy the MAM photos. If you have any suggestions on teething, a good beach cruiser to put a kid seat on....or anything else it's imperative I know send it my way. Would love to hear. 

xoxox. 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment