Friday, May 3, 2013

#4: Genius Momvice

Over the last week Miss Isla has been going through a bit of a growth spurt. She has had tantrums most of the afternoon....I've now patented the 'bounce on the yoga ball while she's in the Moby' method and 'stroll until she sleeps' but it was getting really hard to get ANYTHING done in the afternoon while she was really fussy and not even happy in my arms (sad :( boo) So yesterday, my Grandma said...."It's too bad you don't have anything with some motion to help her sleep" since we determined part of her problem is that she fights sleep all afternoon and won't nap. 

LIGHTBULB!

I have the Mamaroo. 

Isla wasn't a fan of the Mamaroo when she was newborn. She just wanted us to hold her which we didn't mind. I had heard on another Mom blog that their little one was the same way but once that 3 month mark hit baby loved the mamaroo. So I tried it out and it's been a lifesaver this week! Today she was super fussy and after pacing around with her and trying to do laundry I settled her into the Mamaroo with the "car ride" motion on high (She likes LOTS of movement) and the rain sound on high (She's a big white noise fan) and she was out within 2 mins. It was perfection. 

We also love the mamaroo because we live in a condo and a conventional baby swing was out of the question with floor space being at a premium....the Mamaroo is a compact size and not too heavy. 

Thank you 4moms you are saving my sanity! 


ps- If you think it's out of your price range (at $200) check Craigslist! I got mine on Craigslist and it's in perfect condition. The interior part zips out and goes in the wash and anything that's missing can be replaced from the 4moms website. Mine was missing the mobile toy and I spent $15 to replace. SUCH A DEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment