Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prenatal Yoga

I just started postnatal yoga on Saturday. I forgot how much I missed yoga and my wonderful teacher, Tanvir. When I was pregnant I always talked about doing yoga to Brandon. We eventually made a bet over whether I would actually start it or not. I of course won when I said I would and I did. Boom!

 I was so glad I did prenatal yoga through the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy. I should have started it earlier- hindsight's 20/20 :) Yoga not only kept me relaxed, feeling great and gave me a nice social experience with other prego Mamas, I was also doing a lot of research on my natural labor plan and it helped me train my breathing and figure out what coping techniques worked for me and what didn't. I am a big visualization and repetition person. I realized this in class while counting my breath. I know some may see this as not clearing my head and getting relaxed but for me that is relaxation. I also count when I clean...seems weird but it makes sense to me!

If you have a prenatal yoga class in your neighborhood seriously check it out! Even if you aren't planning a drug-free birth it can work wonders for you. I highly recommend postnatal yoga too.

Confession: Saturday I cryed on my walk to class.
This is true.
 Hubby was late to pick up Isla, I was worried about her going to the office with him, The dog was on my last nerve...you know, my typical life.....but when I arrived and got started I got right back into the groove and realized I REALLY needed to invest the time in myself. It makes me a better Mommy, wife and Dog-Mom :)

If you're in the Kirkland area check out Soul Ease. Tanvir is awesome--class is a workout without even really knowing it and so relaxing.

In Tanvir's words during restoration (the yummy, relaxing end of yoga), "Be so grateful for this wonderful, everlasting gift you've been given of being a Mother."

Namaste Friends :)
S

No comments:

Post a Comment