Tuesday, April 9, 2013

First Mama Moments


Oh yes, the first 'Mama Moment'- you know the one when you realize, 'why yes, this could be humiliating but it's totally explainable since I'm a Mom.' And it is usually fairly gross but whatever...you've witnessed your share of poops, spit up and birth fluid- nothing fazes you at this point.  Childless Singles may gawk and point but parents give you the 'nod'..... the 'harley wave' of all parental units. 
This folks....is mine. Feel free to share yours as well. I'm all ears :) 

----------------------------------------------
Isla had her first Doctor's appointment the Thursday after we came home. That was also my first day completely alone with her all day. Her appointment was in the morning so I woke up at my normal 6am to get everything in order and out the door by 8:40 for my 9:00am appointment. After showering, getting ready, taking Stells out, eating breakfast (ie: COFFEE!), feeding Isla and having her blow out 2 outfits- one right before stepping out the door (gahhh!),  I successfully strapped her in her car seat and headed to the car.....it was 9am. Yes, it took me 3 hours to get out the door! For the love! When we got to the Doctor 20 minutes late they had me undress her for getting her weight. She peed all over the blanket I brought and just for good measure got the nurse as well. This left me with no option but to put her in my sweater swaddled in my scarf. 


Right as I was adjusting that baby in my coat I looked down and said, "what the? what is that?"

Oh that.........

THAT IS BABY POOP!!!! I LEFT THE HOUSE WITH BABY POOP ON THE FRONT OF MY SWEATER. YELLOW BABY POO!


Two blowouts, spit-up, pee, a sweater with a green poo stain and I still considered it a gold star day.....at least I put on a bra and did my hair. win! win!

xoxo
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment