Thursday, February 5, 2015

Addiction

Hi Friends!

Sorry for the absence lately, I have a confession..... I'm 150% ADDICTED to Serial (and definitely late to the party I know!)

If you aren't aware of what it is, it's a podcast that you can download and listen to. It's from the team who does This American Life on public radio and Ira Glass is involved (who I LOVE). The podcast is based on a real-life murder and young man who was sentenced for the crime. It's 12 episodes that last 40-50 minutes each. The Narrator is really good at explaining everything and pulling apart the story. Every time I think I have it solved she questions someone new or presents a new thought and it blows my theory--I'd make the worst Detective! If you love those crime shows on Dateline where the guy stands under the street light and you're just positive he's going to get slashed at any minute (scariest thing ever but I LOVE them!) ..You'll dig this.

It's been on my 'to-do' list forever but in all honestly I had zero idea how to access 'podcasts' on my iPhone or any other device for that matter. When I dropped off Isla at her buddy, Gemma's yesterday and prepared to go get stuck in traffic on my way to pick up our cat in Yelm my brilliant pal, Lacie said 'dude, download Serial--you'll be SO hooked' and I was like, ' yah ok...I'm on it' all the while knowing I was 100% podcast stupid. When I did get stuck in dead.stop.traffic I did a search for podcasts on my phone and it popped right up. I hit download and it started---so stinkin' easy! I listened to FIVE episodes yesterday- I couldn't help myself!

Seriously check it out--so good! 


xo. 
S

PS- This is SO me right now! HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment