Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tired times 100.

Hi Friends!

So yesterday was one of those days where you call your Husband and say, "Don't even think about asking me what's for dinner tonight--I'm not cooking. As soon as she goes to bed, we're drinking dinner."

Yep- that happened.

I even texted a Mama Friend and said, "I just said to Isla, I love you even when you are the most ANNOYING person in the entire world to me." (But it was in the nicest, most sugary voice I could muster so I don't think she cared).

Seriously though....teething is kicking my butt.

Isla got her first tooth on New Year's and is working on #5. The Dr. looked at her teeth today and said, "oh Wow, they're all coming in at once." That was right after Isla barfed up goldfish on her white velour one piece and was trying to gnaw on a plastic chair (that I'm sure was riddled with hand-foot & mouth).....ug. Needless to say, she's a teething-mess. A drooling, whiny, diarrhea-prone, chew-on-everything teething mess. The only saving grace has been to stay-busy during the day, attempt a nap (that she usually only stays down 30-45 minutes for....GAHHHH!) and drink by night.

Here is our 'yesterday' in pics:

We met our Wednesday gal-pals, Gemma and L at Ikea for some much needed toss pillows and a rug for Gemma's room (there was an unfortunate diarrhea accident with a visiting friend's large lab - eek!) Isla motored all over the place. She's most definitely mobile.



After we got home and she slept all of 35 minutes (that's real--I wanted to shoot myself). I decided we needed to go see the ducks and get out of the damn house. The ducks are her new most favorite thing. She loves nothing more than 'chasing' after them screeching. I'm sure she'd hug one and pat in on the back if she could.

 oh, and rocks are her most favorite too. If she could eat them she would. She gets very confused with the rocky concrete--she pats it and scratches it. She can't figure out why they're stuck to the ground :)

 Moments before this she ate bark. I almost let her chew on it because her teething is so bad---maybe a little bark would help? what's more natural? Don't worry- I took it from her (I'm sure it was covered in bird feces and ecoli) #MomfortheWin





She even attempts hills (which outsmarted her over the weekend)--I caught her plowing up this one to go check out that bronze statue at the top. She also loves the stairs- there's apparently nothing more fun that tripping/falling down stairs. It's a Mommy-Nightmare.


Look how good she's doing with walking though!


Yesterday, she also notably ate off a plate. This is relevant because usually she takes one edge and when she sees me coming she dumps the entire contents on the floor, laughs maniacally and then drops the plate on top. Nothing more fun that seeing Mom's 'mad-face' apparently.

She did great with her new plate from Citrus Lane and loved that pesto bow ties and peas (with tofu of course!)

At right about that time....I realized I have almost an hour & a half to go....yikes! and I sent the annoying text noted above. It was recommended that I upgrade from my usual cab to scotch to which I sent this reply.....

 a little Anchor Man anyone? It made me smile when frustration was running high!

Then Isla took a bath to which she predictably pooped in the tub literally one minute before I got her out. At about that time my hubby came home....which was SO NICE considering he usually doesn't make it before Isla's bedtime but after he heard two rants from me he knew it was 'one of those days.' He ended up doing her nighttime routine while I cleaned the tub. again. (I was going to take a picture to go with this ritual but I decided to spare you. Thank me later)

When our girl was finally asleep I told B dinner wasn't going to happen. I planned to drink my Bogle Red Blend and post up on the couch with Mad Men. I had called it a day. This was after I realized I realized the dishes, laundry, my emails and calls weren't going to get done--and as I stood in the kitchen I just slid down the cabinet to the floor and sat there--bleary eyed. I had been hit by the Isla-train.

I know you can relate.

So I got my wine and then B made me dinner and refilled my wine (multiple) times and we watched Mad Men and discussed why we never gave that show a chance.

It is fifties-delightful. Who knew?
(Pretty much everyone---I know, we're literally the LAST to watch it).

And with that....the Little Teething Machine is up. Time to go chase some poor ducks.

7pm-godspeed.

xoxo.
S




No comments:

Post a Comment