Monday, October 24, 2016

Nursery Inspiration

Hi Friends!

I decided to go with an Arctic inspiration for our 2nd 'little one's' nursery. I wanted it to be warm but stick with the neutral paint already in the room. We went for a white, gray and cream palette and now that I know the little peanut is a GIRL (still so surprised!) I have added some touches of pinks and and color. The room is really small - perfect for a nursery- so it came out feeling extra cozy and warm. For questions on sourcing see the inspirations photo on the bottom. Happy designing!



I really loved this inspiration photo from pinterest but I wanted to do more of a 'snowball' look so we crafted oversized pom-poms in different sizes from cream/white and light gray/white yard and hung them with fishing line in varying lengths above the crib. You could also do this in a garland design.




INSPIRATION!
(From left to right)
1. Oeuf Crib
2. Stargazer lamp shade- Land of Nod, Geometric Table lamp base- Target
3. Arctic Rocker- Land of Nod
4. Arctic Crib Sheet- Land of Nod
5. Oeuf Changing Table
6. Marrakesh shag rug--rugsusa.com (A total steal!)
7. Hand knit polar bears- made by a friend, available on etsy. 
8. Monte Rocker- Monte.com or Land of Nod

TIPS! 

1. Put together an inspiration board and send it to close friends so they can be on the look out for you too! I emailed baby's nursery theme and my 'board' to my closest girlfriends and received really good ideas and inspiration from them- it also helped with some cute shower gifts! 

2. If you find something that's out of stock locally ask friends or family to look at their local stores. Target is notorious for being out of stock in your store or online but having a back log of stock at other stores. 

3. Search etsy and consider making items yourself. Several polar bear prints I loved my Brother-in-law made and that fun wall hanging was inspired by pinterest. 

4. Hit up holiday sales and wait for your registry completion. Many decor items go on sale when you get close to your due date if they're on your registry (Amazon and Target offer this)- add items you have your eye on and purchase when the time gets close. I got that rug on a holiday sale on rugsusa.com for 70% off and free shipping, a total steal! The Arctic Rocker came from my local offerup app. Such a great find! 



No comments:

Post a Comment